Wednesday, May 6, 2009

shredded

alright, so it's been a few days since my last post. i'm still getting used to this whole blogging thing, and it definitely takes some time and committment, but i'm sticking with it!

i think it will really help keep me motivated througout my training over the next 6 months, and of course will let me keep you all up to date :)

here's a re-cap of the past few days:

  • this weekend was a mixed bag. saturday i did level 1 of the 30 day shred again, and hit the gym for a spin class. saturday night, after a fun dinner out to celebrate the fiance's bday, i had a bad reaction to the paella i ate and was up half the night sick :( but, being the dedicated (crazy) runner i am, i still met my friend for our planned long run on sunday morning. because it was raining, we decided to head to the gym to pound out 8 miles on the treadmill instead of running in the park. i made it to 7 miles, and had to stop because i felt sick. i was glad we were inside and near a bathroom :) the rest of the weekend was spent on the couch in my pajamas!
  • the week started off ok- i did only one round of the 30 day shred on monday. that's all i did on monday, since my stomach still felt off and i didn't want to push it. i also woke up extra early to bake muffins since monday was fiance's bday :)
  • tuesday was intervals! i did 8 x 400, alternating each set between 8.0 and 8.5 on the treadmill. the fun thing about going to the gym in the morning before work is that i get to watch the today show while working out :)
  • this morning, i woke up early, had some coffee, and got set up to do the 30 day shred twice, since today is my strength day. i'm on level 2, and let me tell you, that thing kicked my BUTT! by the second time around, i felt like i was going to die, but i pushed through. i can't remember the last time i sweat that much.

more on this week's eats later...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steph. I am so proud of you! Keep up the traning and I am jelous that you have the motivation and stamina to partake soemthing like this!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete